The time has come that Mason has started preschool and to at least look like I know what I’m doing in this motherhood gig I thought I should probably do that thing that most reliable mums do and send him to preschool with a lunchbox filled with all the goodies that show everyone just how much I love my son.
To be honest I’m not usually a baker because I’m not the hugest fan of sweet treats in the house (because then I eat them) until I was introduced to WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co. Baking Blend (500g) – a blend of raw cane sugar and stevia. This product bakes and browns just like sugar with 50% less calories than traditional sugar, ½ a cup of the Baking Blend sweetens like 1 cup of sugar. This was a winner for me, especially because it meant less sugar and all natural ingredients!
This recipe is no fuss you simply mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add all of the wet ingredients to a blender, mix them all together and bang them in the oven.
BOOM easy, we don’t muck around here people.
GREEN MUFFIN RECIPE
1 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup of WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co. Baking Blend
1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
3 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup of berries of your choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Grease or line a muffin tin
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Blend the wet ingredients together until smooth
- Pour wet ingredients to dry mixture and stir to combine (making sure there are no lumps)!
- Fill the muffin tin about 1/4 the way full and add a couple of berries to each muffin tin
- Bake in the oven for 15 -17 mins until you can put a fork in the centre and it comes out clean
- Take out and let sit on cooling rack for 10 mins, then enjoy 🙂
WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co. have a whole range of products that can make your life easier
There are four products in the Whole Earth range. Two of these are blends of raw cane sugar and stevia, with 50% less calories than sugar.
Whole Earth Baking Blend (500g) – A blend of raw cane sugar and stevia. This product bakes and browns just like sugar with 50% less calories than traditional sugar. ½ cup Baking Blend sweetens like 1 cup sugar.
Whole Earth Raw Cane 50 (160g) – Individually packed sugar sticks with 50% less calories than regular sugar. A blend of raw cane sugar and stevia. 1 stick is equivalent in sweetness to 1 teaspoon of raw sugar.
Whole Earth Sweet Granules (250g) – A custom blend of stevia and erythritol with 97% less calories than regular sugar. ½ teaspoon Sweet Granules sweetens like 1 tsp sugar.
Whole Earth Nature Sweet (60g) – Individually packed sticks with 97% less calories than regular sugar. A custom blend of stevia and erythritol. 1 stick sweetens like 1 teaspoon of sugar.
If you would like to win the above products for yourself then:
1) Head on over to my Instagram post
2) Comment on the post what you think you would make using this beautiful range of products and tag a friend.
3) Like and follow @champagnechores & @wholeearthau
Competition closes Wednesday 13 June 2018 winner will be announced Thursday 14 June 2018. NZ wide only.
Huge thank you to Whole Earth Sweetener Co for collaborating with me on this blog post