Here’s the deal – I am seriously struggling to get Mason to eat anything resembling a vegetable, so what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him. There is plenty of green goodness is packed into these muffins and I’ve blended up the vegetables, so you won’t find any green chunks in these muffins either.
I’m loving the change of season produce! We picked up some fresh, locally-grown silverbeet to use from Countdown, however you could use any greens that you have on hand. So ideal for the lunchbox for preschool too.
” 1 ½ cups chicken stock/home-made bone broth
” ¾ Cup of quinoa rinsed and drained
” 4 eggs
” 1 cup of silverbeet or greens of choice
” 1 onion
” ½ cup of bacon
” 1 cup of cheese tasty or parmesan
” ¼ cup of chopped parsley /herbs of choice
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease 6 muffin cups.
2. Bring the quinoa and stock to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa has soaked up the stock and is of a fluffy consistency.
3. In a fry pan cook onions until translucent then add in bacon.
4. In a blender add the eggs and greens. Blend until a smooth consistency.
5. Add the blended egg and green mixture, cooked bacon and onion, cheese, parsley, salt & pepper to a large bowl. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together.
6. Spoon mixture to the top of each prepared muffin cup.
7. Bake in preheated oven until the edges of frittatas are golden brown, about 20 – 30 minutes. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes in the pan before serving. Serve hot or cold.
Lastly feed these bad boys to your toddler and feel the satisfaction as you watch them eat all the greens :
Thank you to countdown for supplying the beautiful fresh produce used to create this recipe.
#lovecountdown #freshideas #sponsored